Negotiable Salary + Super + Equity Options | Remote Friendly
What if you had the chance to be one of the first engineers of Australia's leading boat hire marketplace, shaping the future of one of the world’s most popular leisure activities?
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to work with Flotespace in a full-time engineering capacity, creating an online experience that exceeds expectations.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be an integral person in the growth of the organisation. The role coincides with our upcoming international expansion, building an engineering team around you which can ensure the Flotespace platform becomes the world leader in boating experiences.
Salary for this role is negotiable based on experience. It is expected that the candidate works in a full-time capacity in this role, and is properly equipped to work remotely, however there will be access to our office spaces in Pyrmont and Newcastle if and when required.
This might be for you if...
- You are a strong critical thinker. You can always argue either side of a technical decision because you always approach it from both sides.
- You are highly driven. Development isn't so much a job or a career, you see it as a way of life. You have side-projects and ideas that you never get enough time to work on.
- You have a continuing interest in learning and developing your skills outside the scope of what your paid work offers.
- You are highly conscientious about your work, but business value is always the key driver in your approach.
- You know that the quality of a job is not the work you perform, but the people you perform it with.
- You have strong opinions about your craft and the industry, but you enjoy hearing the point of view of others and you can be easily swayed.
Your responsibilities at Flotespace
- We are currently experiencing exciting growth and we want you to help us continue drive this momentum with new features and capabilities, and enabling future features to be delivered faster and cheaper by keeping our technical debt low.
- You will report directly and work closely with our CEO and Technical Director, planning and producing a brand new Laravel front end for our website.
- Planning, execution and delivery of maximum business value with the team.
- Spiking issues to determine the best approach and design. There is no shortage of exciting engineering challenges on our horizon which you'll be responsible for.
- A natural curiosity for deep diving areas that are outside your expertise with a proven ability to quickly acclimate, learn and utilize new skills when required.
- A practical understanding for both the front-end and back-end with a high level of expertise in Laravel.
- mySQL, AWS, CSS, jQuery, Bootstrap
- API development
- API integration (CRM, Stripe, calendars and similar services)
- A passion for designing scalable and performant websites
- An understanding of DevOps principles and / or SRE.
- An eye for design, with a solid understanding of UI and UX best practises.
- Extreme customer focus, every decision you make has its 'true north' or origin based on our end users.
- You write clean and easy to understand modular code. You are an advocate for abstractions and understand the importance of producing simple declarative interfaces that expose the functionality of your well written imperative code.
- You have all the basics of generally accepted programming good practice - you can rebase a branch in git, perform scripting, linting, writing tests etc.
- Transaction system experience is preferred (Stripe)
- Self motivated and creative
- Highly articulate – excellent communication is crucial
- Reliable and transparent
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Experience in the travel or tourism industries is a bonus
What's on Offer
- A salary is negotiable based on experience. Equity options are also available.
- The opportunity to have an ownership share in the company, which has potential to significantly increase in value in the future.
- Remuneration includes the lifestyle benefits of working in a location agnostic, asynchronous, remote role. However, we do have an awesome, laidback offices in Pyrmont and Newcastle with plenty of space for you.
To apply to this role, please send in your application to [email protected].