Senior Marketing Manager
Negotiable Salary + Super + Equity Options | Remote Friendly
About the Role
Are you a first-rate marketer and growth hacker with a passion for boats and being on the water? Have your marketing campaigns earned the kind of results that you would be happy to frame? Are you at your best in a cross-functional environment, where “agile” defines each day? If you answered an emphatic “yes” to all three, then we have the role for you.
Flotespace is searching for a Senior Marketing Manager to scale our performance channels, build our brand in Australia and internationally, drive customer acquisition and oversee our marketing strategy. The right candidate will report directly to the CEO, and liaise with various team members across technology and sales to meet acquisition targets. As this is a newly created position, the right candidate will have the track record needed to define this role.
Today, boating is one of the fastest-growing markets in Australia. We exist to make boating experiences easier and we want you to join our journey.
It is expected that the candidate works in a full-time capacity in this role, and is properly equipped to work remotely, however there will be access to our offices in Pyrmont and/or Newcastle if and when required.
- Define and execute the overall marketing strategy for Flotespace
- Establish and manage performance/PPC campaigns across social media and display channels
- Shape our customer acquisition and retention strategies
- Grow our customer base from paid channels and turn them into repeat customers
- Own data analysis, hypothesis outcomes, optimisation strategies, and roadmap projects for paid social media and customer acquisition channels
- Own and develop a testing framework for customer acquisition channels
- Create and communicate weekly reports on customer acquisition channel performance
- Work with team members in Sales, Product, and Technology to cross-functionally achieve company objectives
- Manage the performance of marketing contractors responsible for social media and content marketing and coordinate strategies with them
- Ongoing involvement with other marketing and growth activities
Your experience and skills
- A proven track record in performance marketing and growth hacking
- “Resourcefulness” may not be your legal middle name, but it might as well be. When a challenge presents itself, you always find a way to overcome it. When deadlines loom, you don’t run and hide. You crack your knuckles and say: “bring it.”
- You relish the pace of an agile, ever-changing environment, and thrive in both autonomous and cross-functional situations
- Hands-on experience in digital marketing with demonstrated achievements in Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Youtube and EDM campaigns
- A thorough grasp of ad formats, segmentation, lookalike audiences, tracking, multi-touch attribution, and growing trends in paid media
- Top-notch data analysis skills. You’re at home in GA and other analytics tools, and you know how to question the data
- An ability to translate data into relevant insights. When you share the data with the rest of the Team, you don’t only provide the numbers – you share conclusions that everyone will understand
- Fluency in all digital marketing metrics including but not limited to CPC, CPL, CAC, CPM, LTV, ROAS, ROI, etc
- A minimum of 5+ years experience managing customer acquisition & paid social media campaigns. Experience in a startup environment is preferred, but not essential
So you’ve got the skills, you’re still reading, and you’re wondering if you’ll find a good team fit with us at Flotespace?
- Head over to our Careers page to get some more insight into who we are and what we're passionate about
- If you’re the kind of person who likes seeing something scale quickly from customer #1 and witness in person the impact of your work, then you need to get on board
- You love learning from the people around you and love sharing your expertise as well
- You enjoy working with a passionate and self-driven team of high-performing individuals who respectfully challenge themselves and each other to deliver the best experience to our customers
- Learning and mentorship support from the leadership team and advisory board at Flotespace
What's on offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and days in the office. Work where you want, how you want. You're a professional, we trust that you already know how to perform at your best
- A passionate and hard-working team
- The opportunity to have an equity ownership share in the company
How to apply
Is this role your bread and butter? Here are the next steps:
E-mail our Co-CEO (strictly no recruiters please) on [email protected] with “Senior Marketing Manager – Your Name” as the subject, with your Curriculum Vitae (or equivalent) attached. In the email body, include the response to the following questions:
- How do you address the skills and requirements for the role?
- What is your expected salary package and how flexible is it?
- What’s your notice period?
- Are you ok to travel regularly to our office and adjust frequency based on ongoing COVID restriction updates?
- Are you fully entitled to work in Australia?
- Link to your linkedin profile or other relevant links.
We will only consider applications through email which include the content requested above.